Mixter Maxter Mixed Instrument Workshop
Mixter Maxter - a Scots expression meaning "topsy-turvey" or "all mixed up" - combines high quality music with an introduction to the joy of playing with other people. A day of mixed instrument workshops where the group learns some tunes and collaborates to arrange them in an interesting and attractive way. Suitable for most instruments, and most temperaments; everybody gets a lot out of it.
Mixter Maxter 5 is being held in Longniddry Parish Church (see Location below) on Saturday 28th February 2015.
Mixter Maxter 6 is being held in Crowwood Hotel Glasgow (see MM6 page) on Sunday 22nd March 2015.
The workshop costs £40 including teas, coffees and lunch. To book a space you can put down a £10 deposit using the button below (Paypal) or in person, or by post (Nigel Gatherer, 8 Mitchell St, Crieff PH7 3AG). Alternatively you may wish to pay the full price. Your name can be added provisionally to the list just by contacting me, but priority will be given to those who have paid a deposit.
There are 32 spaces in the workshop.
|| places left
|Who's Going? ( ♦ = deposit paid)
- Vic Williams (harmonica) ♦
- Kate Morss (whistle/ukulele) ♦
- Kath Cowern (recorder) ♦
- Cathy Davidson (fiddle) ♦
- George Davidson (guitar) ♦
- Fiona Jones (fiddle) ♦
- Martin Jones (guitar) ♦
- Mairi Robertson (harp) ♦
- Jan Russell (banjo) ♦
- Harvey Sheppard (cello)
- Iain Murray (mandolin) ♦
- Pertti Palo (whistle) ♦
- Alison Shannon (whistle) ♦
- Derek Shannon (mandolin) ♦
- Nicola McNeill (concertina) ♦
- Lilias MacDonald (fiddle) ♦
- Ian McNeill (recorder) ♦
- Stuart McCorkindale (mandolin) ♦
- Iris Howitt (whistles) ♦
- Liz Ogilvie (whistle) ♦
- Alan Gay (mandolin)
- Eoin McIntyre (melodeon) ♦
- Valerie McCutcheon (fiddle) ♦
- Davy Strachan (guitar) ♦
- Fiona Crombie (fiddle) ♦
- Colin Murray (mandolin) ♦
- Heather Harbison (cello) ♦
- Mary-Anne Robinson (whistle/mandolin) ♦
- Gareth Wells (octave mandolin) ♦
- Margaret Potter (fiddle) ♦
- Duncan Sutherland (guitar) ♦
- Jack Millar (mandolin)
Music is always available beforehand in the shape of downloadable PDF documents and MP3 soundfiles. If you require notation in any particular format (e.g. whistle, tablature, cello, fiddle fingering, etc), that can be arranged if you let me know beforehand. I choose the music quite carefully with the needs of the participants in mind.
||Lunch (soup and sandwiches provided)
||Performance and recording
Longniddry Parish Church
- 8 minutes walk from Longniddry Station
- trains from Edinburgh every 30 mins (20 minutes journey time)
- parking in street or church car park
- download a travel info sheet
Click on the links below to access soundfiles, videos, photos and music from previous Mixter Maxters: