William Hannah 78s
William Hannah (1891-1961) was from Blackburn, some 20 miles west of Edinburgh. A postman by trade, he was also an influential melodeon player and band leader, releasing over a hundred commercial recordings in solo, duet, trio and band formats. His five-piece band was popular, and included melodeon, fiddle, drums, piano and trumpet, pre-echoing Jim Cameron's Band of later years. This compilation is from recordings in my own collection.
Available as a downloadable MP3 album.
- Eightsome Reel: Unknown Reels
- Highland Waltz: Leezie Lindsay/Ho Ro My Nut Brown Maiden/Skye Boat Song
- Circassian Circle: Circassian Circle/74th's Farewell/Pibroch of Donal Dhu
- Dashing White Sergeant: Original/Kenmure's On An' Awa'/Muckin' o' Geordie's Byre
- Foursome Reel: Duncan Davidson/Soldier's Joy/Lord Lyndoch/The Fairy Dance
- The Duke of Perth: Original/Staten Island/Old Grey Cat/Good Night an' Joy Be Wi Ye A'
- Reels: Flowers of Edinburgh/Lochleven Castle/Teetotaller
- Scottish Reform: Original/Stool of Repentance/March of Donald of the Isles to the Battle of Harlaw/Unknown Jig
- Dundee Reel: Bonnets o' Bonnie Dundee/100 Pipers/Rock and Wee Pickle Tow/Unknown Jig
- The Boston Two-Step
- St Bernard's Waltz: Little Annie Rooney/Peggy O'Neill/Molly O'Morgan/Maggie Murphy's Home
- Canadian Three-Step (William Hannah)
- Celine Waltz (William Hannah)
- Jigs: Lady Mary Douglas/Biddy the Bowl Wife/Roaring Jelly/Unknown Jig
- Schottisches: Glasgow Highlanders/Unknown Schottisches
- Marches: Inverness Gathering/Athole Highlanders