Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tune of the Week
There has been several comments on this forum being a good resource that no one is using, which is very true. 

There are a couple of very good forums on the net, "The Session" mostly Irish and "Mandolin Cafe" "Song of the Week" are two which are great resources and are well used.  
For me sadly their is no similar resource for Scottish music, I have always thought that this forum would fulfil this role given this great website, full of Scottish music, that it is attached to. Nigel put so much into this site which I am sure is appreciated worldwide by those you love Scottish music  as well as all the others Nigel posts for us.

The "Tune of the Week" could fulfil a Scottish version of "Song of the Week" with participants taking part in submitting their own rendition of the given tune.

To this end I will propose a little Jig by Andrew Rankine called The Weaver and his Wife"  I have attached the dots along with mandolin tabs
enjoy. 

look forward to hearing members take on this tune.

Alcluith

Attached Files
.pdf   Weaver and his Wife.pdf (Size: 39.76 KB / Downloads: 10)
(10-04-2021, 12:45 PM)Alcluith Wrote: There has been several comments on this forum being a good resource that no one is using, which is very true. 

There are a couple of very good forums on the net, "The Session" mostly Irish and "Mandolin Cafe" "Song of the Week" are two which are great resources and are well used.  
For me sadly their is no similar resource for Scottish music, I have always thought that this forum would fulfil this role given this great website, full of Scottish music, that it is attached to. Nigel put so much into this site which I am sure is appreciated worldwide by those you love Scottish music  as well as all the others Nigel posts for us.

The "Tune of the Week" could fulfil a Scottish version of "Song of the Week" with participants taking part in submitting their own rendition of the given tune.

To this end I will propose a little Jig by Andrew Rankine called The Weaver and his Wife"  I have attached the dots along with mandolin tabs
enjoy. 

look forward to hearing members take on this tune.

Drew, I have just recorded a quick version of the tune on my Tascam recorder as an mp3 file, but find that I cannot now attach it.  If I remember, mp3s are not a file format the forum can accept.  I am sure I have tried to post some before.  Sorry about that, and it is a grand wee tune too!

Alcluith
Here is my attempt at the tune.  I think it is supposed to go a lot faster than I can play it and band in a box does not like 6/8 tunes so I had to do my own backing.  It is a great tune.  Wish I could do it at the proper speed.  Nice to see some activity on this forum.
https://audiomack.com/trahciul/song/13137057
Drifter

Nice to see someone taking part. John has also recorded it but in MP3 which he cannot upload but maybe he can put into Audiomack.

Hoping we can get the Forum moving agai

Alcluith.