Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hebridean Hopscotch
[Image: ZUsyLTa.png]

One of the things which have kept me away from the forum (apart from my work schedule) is a project called Hebridean Hopscotch. I've been working on this to compile a collection of tunes from and about the Scottish Islands. At this point I have at least 40 sets, all available to download from my website.

As with almost all the music I transcribe, it's for my classes, and in addition to the music, my students have been sending me their photos of the islands. These can be viewed in galleries accessed from the main Hebridean Hopscotch page. 

I have arranged the first 20 sets into two volumes which can be downloaded. These first two books follow a route through the islands, visiting some 22 islands on the way.

Let me know what you think.
More than admirable. Had a browse (threw my marker down the squares Wink ) and landed on The Lismore Ferryman.  It is great fun. Thank you.
Nigel, great to see you posting on your site again. This Hebridean Hopscotch collection is just such a great resource. Just been paying through a few old favourites and trying out one or two of the new ones.

Thanks so much for putting it all together and especially for making it available to us.
Nigel
Great collection look forward to getting them all and putting then into my Nigel's collections, my go to for most of my inspiration.

Just love that and your Great Scottish Composers that you are working on, some terrific tunes in it