Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TOW #61: Willie MacGregor
Music 2 
Tune of the Week #61: Willie MacGregor

[Image: 9ji4iaq.jpg]

"This tune was recorded by Jimmy Shand in 1942 as part of a march, strathspey and reel set (Willie MacGregor/Captain Campbell/The Drummer). I haven’t found the tune anywhere else, so I don’t know any story behind it. I have notated the way Shand played it, and as such there are some notes which could not be played by a bagpipe."

So I wrote back in February 2013. The tune is in Nigel Gatherer's Tune of the Week Volume 3. All four volumes can be downloaded for free from the following links:
  • Tune of the Week Volume 1 [STD] [TAB]
  • Tune of the Week Volume 2 [STD] [TAB]
  • Tune of the Week Volume 3 [STD] [TAB]
  • Tune of the Week Volume 4 [STD] [TAB]
(01-03-2020, 08:24 PM)nigelgatherer Wrote: Tune of the Week #61: Willie MacGregor

[Image: 9ji4iaq.jpg]

"This tune was recorded by Jimmy Shand in 1942 as part of a march, strathspey and reel set (Willie MacGregor/Captain Campbell/The Drummer). I haven’t found the tune anywhere else, so I don’t know any story behind it. I have notated the way Shand played it, and as such there are some notes which could not be played by a bagpipe."

So I wrote back in February 2013. The tune is in Nigel Gatherer's Tune of the Week Volume 3. All four volumes can be downloaded for free from the following links:
  • Tune of the Week Volume 1 [STD] [TAB]
  • Tune of the Week Volume 2 [STD] [TAB]
  • Tune of the Week Volume 3 [STD] [TAB]
  • Tune of the Week Volume 4 [STD] [TAB]

Thanks Nigel for the downloads
this tune can be found on volume 4 not volume 3 as Nigel stated.
(03-03-2020, 07:58 AM)Drifter Wrote: this tune can be found on volume 4 not volume 3 as Nigel stated.

Oops. If anyone downloaded Volume Three, I'll refund your money.
(06-03-2020, 08:02 AM)nigelgatherer Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 07:58 AM)Drifter Wrote: this tune can be found on volume 4 not volume 3 as Nigel stated.

Oops. If anyone downloaded Volume Three, I'll refund your money.

Everyone really needs to download the 4 of them. They are a great mix of tunes and well worth the money, as is all of Nigel's books.

Alcluith
Thanks, Alcluith - I'll send you your fee later! 
However, as I'm sure you know the Tune of the Week books are all completely free.
(06-03-2020, 09:00 AM)nigelgatherer Wrote: Thanks, Alcluith - I'll send you your fee later! 
However, as I'm sure you know the Tune of the Week books are all completely free.

Yes I knew that and as I said well worth the money, as is a lot of your sheets.

I have over the years purchased a number of books from your store and again I would say that they are great value for money. Anyone trying to build up their collection should have a section for Nigel Gatherer Books, I certainly have.

Alcluith