Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St Andrew's Night Ceilidh Session
To all members, not just those who post regularly, 

in a hope to try and stimulate some interest and activity into this forum.

Given that Burn's night is nearly passed, I would like to ask this question:-  

If you were asked to compile session for a St Andrew's Ceilidh, what would you include?????

come on, give it a try,  post your list. 

No prizes but maybe Nigel can select the one he thinks is the best compilation !!!!

Alcluith
I think it would be more tune oriented than for a Burns night although the likes of Auld lang Syne would be OK too.

You could choose some music specifically related to East Lothian and surrounding areas "The Home of The Saltire". However, I daresay he's the patron saint of all Scotland.
Whatever your politics, St Andrew and The Saltire belong to all the people in Scotland. So, I'd suggest one should avoid making the music choices too political. that's just my opinion, of course.

I'll have a think about a set list.
(19-01-2020, 12:15 AM)JAJ Wrote: I think it would be more tune oriented than for a Burns night although the likes of Auld lang Syne would be OK too.

You could choose some music specifically related to East Lothian and surrounding areas "The Home of The Saltire". However, I daresay he's the patron saint of all Scotland.
Whatever your politics, St Andrew and The Saltire belong to all the people in Scotland. So, I'd suggest one should avoid making the music choices too political. that's just my opinion, of course.

I'll have a think about a set list.

Thanks JAJ for kicking it off