Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Co. Antrim group: Scad the Beggars!
Video 
Hi folks,

Here's my 1st post to the new Forum ... hope it goes well Nigel.  Cool

It's a video of our wee group, playing over here in Norn Iron last Saturday at the 24th Broadisland Gathering in Ballycarry, Co. Antrim.

As you'll see, we play a wide variety of instruments, including Hammered Dulcimer, English Concertina, Fiddle, Northumbrian Pipes, Moothie, Whistles, Guitar, Harp, Fifes, Oboe & Piano Accordion. ... Sorry Nigel, we left the Mandolins at home this time.   Blush

We play a mix of Scottish tunes & songs, plus some Northumbrian & Irish tunes.

Cheers,
Dick

Great mixed set there, Dick.  Reminds me of two great summer festivals we played over in Cairncastle near Larne a few years back.  Great set you have and some super tunes and songs.
(06-09-2016, 03:34 PM)John Kelly Wrote: Great mixed set there, Dick.  Reminds me of two great summer festivals we played over in Cairncastle near Larne a few years back.  Great set you have and some super tunes and songs.

Aye John, Cairncastle isn't too far from Ballycarry. 
This sort of music & song seems to go down well in that area. 
This is the 2nd time we've been invited to play at this festival & hopefully it won't be the last.  Wink
Give us a shout next time you're heading for Cairncastle, it'd be good to meet up.
Scottish Folk / Trad group Haggerdash are heading over here next month to play at a folk festival in Limavady, Co. Derry & we're looking forward to meeting up with them for a Session or two. I especially enjoying having an English Concertina jam with Alan Jones & a Hammered Dulcimer jam with Jack Bethel.
Cheers,
Dick