Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rhona's Waltz
Here’s a nice wee waltz for you all which I've also posted elsewhre.. Composed by Marie Fielding.

I learned this one for a concert and it is one of the few which I’ve considered worthy enough to adopt.

It can be heard on Marie's  " An Seisiun"  album.

By the way, I've added the ties and slurs as we played it. These suit the fiddle well and I've worked out different ideas on how  to do things on the mandolin. However, please feel to experiment with ornamentation, add tremoloes etc as you see fit.

Attached Files
.pdf   Rhona's W.pdf (Size: 17.32 KB / Downloads: 8)
(20-09-2018, 11:39 AM)JAJ Wrote: Here’s a nice wee waltz for you all which I've also posted elsewhre.. Composed by Marie Fielding.

I learned this one for a concert and it is one of the few which I’ve considered worthy enough to adopt.

It can be heard on Marie's  " An Seisiun"  album.

By the way, I've added the ties and slurs as we played it. These suit the fiddle well and I've worked out different ideas on how  to do things on the mandolin. However, please feel to experiment with ornamentation, add tremoloes etc as you see fit.

Love it. Who says waltzes are so predictable!!!
ETx
Thanks Pikilily.

There's another nice one I intend to post soon but it's quite long. So, it will have to wait a day or two. Look out for it. It's also a little unusual and quirky.
(20-09-2018, 01:24 PM)JAJ Wrote: Thanks Pikilily.

There's another nice one I intend to post soon but it's quite long. So, it will have to wait a day or two. Look out for it. It's also a little unusual and quirky.

Thanks for this one, JAJ.  It looks and sounds really interesting.
Apologies to all.

I've just amended the tune in bars 21 and 23 to correct a small error in the notation. Each bar should contain a triplet (time value= one crotchet) as opposed to that of 3 quavers.

It's possible that you may not have noticed and it shouldn't really cause any extra issues as regards learning the tune.
Thanks to Nigel for pointing this out elsewehere.