Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argyllshire Workshop
(10-05-2021, 10:48 AM)Alcluith Wrote:
(09-05-2021, 11:03 PM)nigelgatherer Wrote: I tried to buy it, Drew, but it seems sold out. What's fur ye will no go by ye.

Nigel/John,

I have included the content of the book, if there is anything you want from it let me know and I can copy it for you,

Drew

Hi Drew and Nigel.  Your book is a different one from mine, Drew, looking at the list of tunes.  My pipe score book has around 100 tunes.  if you wanted to use any, Nigel, I can transcribe them into standard notation (and mandolin TAB should you want this - I am not a TAB user, but Musescore allows me to create a TAB stave from the standard notation).  Many very well-known ones in both of the books. 

John
Hi John

Yes I use Musescore as well, I am somewhere between dots and tabs so I tend to use tabs when transcribing as its easer to remove the tabs later that adding them. I am sure that you told me that with pipe music, you look at the last notes and if its a D or A then transpose using these keys, so that's what I tend to do. Nigel sorry if it was you who told me but like John if there are any tunes you would like to use I can transpose them for you.

Drew
Nigel

Came across this tune in The Session. Not sure if it would suit your planned workshop or not, but the right theme.

Alcluith

Attached Files
.pdf   Crinan Puffer.pdf (Size: 37.58 KB / Downloads: 7)
Thanks, Alcluith. It would have been perfect but, well, I don't like it very much. As a matter of fact, I had a similar idea and composed a tune called The S S Linnet, named after a vessel which served the Crinan Canal from 1866 to 1929. 

All the music for the workshop is done now, and can be downloaded from

http://www.nigelgatherer.com/workshops/m...ter16.html

I spent a lot of time on the selection, and I'm pleased with the outcome.